Thursday, May 19, 2011

International Yarn Bombing Day - June 11th

Calling all Fiber Artists!! Want to be a part of history and contribute to the first ever International Yarn Bombing Day on June 11th? You know you wanna! Check out YarnBombing to get more information on yarn bomb sites being planned near you (or designate one for your city!).

I am happy to report that there is an approved site for June 11th in my neck of the woods:
Portland, OR . Check it...

Celebrate Intl' Yarn Bombing Day Sat, June 11 by yarn bombing Director Park in Portland, OR (www.DirectorPark.org). It's Rose Festival's Grand Floral Parade day so floral patterns encouraged. Recommended fixtures include silver pillars (40.5" circum, 22" high), light posts in park (16" circum), bike racks (4.75" circum), white pillars (40.5 " circum). Please, no tree yarn bombs. This is an approved site. 
~Taken from the International Yarn Bombing Day facebook page
 I am in love with the idea of beautifying our area with spontaneous yarn as previously mentioned here so as soon as I saw this my mind began racing with just what I could contribute! I'm already starting to whip up some roses to adorn a lucky light post. But I don't want to spoil the surprise, so here's just a GLIMPSE. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment