Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to The Hook Brings You Back! For the past 2 years I've enjoyed crocheting scarves, bags, gloves and hats. I got absolutely hooked, however, on amigurumi style stuffed animals & characters.  I enjoy the challenge of making the characters look as much like the original as possible. My kids are my hardest critics and I feel a sense of accomplishment when they give their nod of approval.

Before I held a hook, the thought of crochet conjured images of potholders, delicate white doilies, and circles of gossiping grannies sipping earl grey. I'm pleased to announce that I couldn't have been more wrong! With clever sites like Nerdigurumi and Ravelry just a click away, it's easy to see that crochet isn't just for granny anymore. From crocheted slouchy hats, to Twinkie Chan's irresistible scarves , and colorful totes to crocheted play food there are just so many fun, hip things to make!

I will use this blog to
Post and Boast about crochet projects finished or otherwise
☝☝ Share my own patterns for you to enjoy and use
☝☝☝ Give my thoughts on yarn-related books, sites, and any other crocheted thing I'm hooked on

So I invite you to join me and be inspired to create beautiful & colorful, playful & funky,  soft & snuggly crocheted things! And if you are new to crochet, don't be afraid to just give it a try. But be forewarned: The hook will bring you back...
photo by Tim Denison Photography
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment